Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Staycation

I was fortunate enough to be able to take some time off work while my daughter was on spring break this past week.  We don't always do well one on one these days, as many conversations turn into arguments and our interests are not exactly aligned, but I am pleased to share that overall we had a mutually fun time.  One of the things we did together was explore our own city.  Normally we avoid going downtown because of the traffic and chaos, so my daughter really had not seen much of it before - except for when we would go to look at the winter light displays, and even that was at night.  We each brought our own camera and walked around the busiest streets in the city on Easter Sunday afternoon, which, as I had hoped, ended up being one of the calmest days of the year.  It was perfect for us.  After we came home and looked back through our pictures and compared them, it was beyond interesting how different each of us sees the world.  Here are a few of mine, and I am going to see if she will allow me to post some of hers... so keep watch for a follow up.






No comments:

Post a Comment